Thursday, January 22, 2009

Even Then...

Even Then

The lyrics from Nicole Nordeman's Song....

It's a fear that keeps me wide awake
In the middle of the night
When the expectations are too great
And the bar gets raised too high
So I do the best with what I've got
And hope that no one knows
That I strain to see how high I can
Try to stand on these toes
Until I'm measured, but You know better

So, thank You, Jesus
Even when You see us just as we are
Fragile and frail and so far
From who we want to be
So, thank You, Jesus
Even when the pieces are broken and small
Dreams shatter and scatter like the wind
Thank You, even then

So I put aside the masquerade
And admit that I am not okay
Which may not be the thing to say
But I'm not ashamed to need You more each day

So, thank You, Jesus
Even when You see us just as we are
Fragile and frail and so far
From who we want to be
So, thank You, Jesus
Even when the pieces are broken and small
Dreams shatter and scatter like the wind
Thank You, even then

We raise the standard and try to reach You
But we'll never make it and we don't need to ...

So, thank You, Jesus
Even when You see us just as we are
Fragile and frail and so far
From who we want to be
So, thank You, Jesus
Even when the pieces are broken and small
Dreams shatter and scatter like the wind
Thank You, even then

Its ok Jason....its ok....you don't have to try so hard to reach me, I am reaching for you...stop trying so hard...you don't need to, be still...and accept the fact that I accept you just as you are...that I love you just as you are, that I forgive you for all that you have done, do and will do....you don't have to pretend anymore, its ok that you're not ok...

you're safe now, you can lay all your burdens here, rest awhile....I am here, don't worry about everything else that is going on, people's lives will go on without you and it'll be ok...you don't have to be everything to everybody...you just have to be Jason, you need to be who you really are, stop trying to be someone that you're not for the sake of everybody else; what this w orld needs is you jason, that's why I created you, that's why I chose you, b/c what the world needs more than anything is you to stop trying to be everybody else and for you to be you.

Stop tiring yourself out...stop trying so hard, find peace in me, find yourself here....it starts here, it starts now, at the foot of the cross, seeing your own sins....your own dreadful sins....and seeing a loving Savior....don't turn your eyes, don't look away, just look beyond your shame that lies on the ground you stare at, and look at the me jason, look at how much i'm willing to do for you, look at how much i believe in you, look, i love you jason, i love you, i always have, and i always will

i know you lust, i know you've made physical mistakes, i know you've hurt people, i know you've been selfish, i know you've lied, i know all that, and i still love you, i know everything, and i still love you jason, stop denying it, stop throwing excuses at my face, don't you see how much it breaks my heart? don't you see how it makes me bleed not jus from my hands and feet, but my heart bleeds for you, don't you know i'm the champion of your cause, b/c i made you for me! don't you know that you don't have to worry, i will provide

stop pitying yourself, stop feeling lonely, i am here, i complete you, i am everything jason, i want to be everything jason, can't you see that....i want to be everything for you b/c i know i'm the best for you, do you believe that? don't let your previous relationships with your parents, friends, or girlfriends define who i am or what i will do...b/c i'm different jason, i understand your fears, i understand how its so hard....don't worry, i've been through it and i'm here to hold your hand!

trust me jason, give it away.....choose freedom jason, choose Christ....choose me!!!!! Stop waiting for the woman to choose you and start by choosing me! You won't regret it jason....

Jason I love you...i love you...you don't have to be strong, you don't have to be something, just be...be still...just be loved...how does it feel? have you ever taken the time to let me love you? what does it feel like? do you feel the security? do you feel me? i'm here jason, don't ever forget it, but i know you will, but i will remind you

2 Peter 3:8-9 "But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

1 Peter 5:6-11 "Humble yourself, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing fim in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of suffereings. And the God of grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen."

No comments: