Sunday, December 7, 2008

Condition of my heart....

I've realized how easy it is for my heart to just coast through life. As I assess where I'm at today with Christ, I realize how far my heart is from Him. In His grace, I had the opportunity to be blessed through a song by Casting Crowns - While You Were Sleeping.... In it....I felt the gentle tug of God challenging me once again by His grace to take this life seriously.

I wonder if there's a necessity in my life to continually frame my life with the understanding of Christ. I'll try to elaborate, but basically, I think the thoughts of my life...are the things I have to do that day. I think of the tasks, pretty much my life extends to the point of "my life." In that sense, I've been living day to day with the necessity of knocking out the things the Army requires me to do in a way that seems Christian, but it has no fragrance of Christ in it.

The challenge is reawakening to the thought of the true framework of the life God's given me. I live in a place where the balance of Heaven and Hell shakes as souls are continually be pulled and tugged from one direction to another. I have been lulled asleep by the concerns of my own life that I have failed to realize the necessity to live for something greater today.

My heart beats with a pulse that must remain steadfast in remembering why I am here today... God may you begin to frame my life according to your will, your desires, and your hopes. I must learn to lean on you and help me to remember the truth of this life....may that always take precedence over the things I want.

Grow this heart to be one truly submissive to You...always...

No comments: